Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS) is the government parastatal whose responsibility is to assure the quality of agricultural inputs and produce to prevent adverse impact on the economy, the environment and human health.
Healthy plants, safe trade and sustainable aggro-environment for a prosperous Kenya.
To provide a science based regulatory service by assuring plant health, quality of agricultural inputs and produce for food security, globally competitive agriculture and sustainable development.
- Customer focus
- Professionalism and Integrity
- Results oriented
- Innovation and Creativity
- Corporate social sustainability
- To protect plants from pests, weeds and invasive species.
- To facilitate review and strengthening of the policy, legal and regulatory framework, so that it is in tandem with both local and international agricultural sector emerging issues.
- To contribute towards improved levels of agricultural productivity.
- To support compliance to market requirements.
- To build adequate technical and infrastructural capacity to facilitate efficient and effective delivery of the KEPHIS mandate.
- To mobilize adequate financial resources and ensure optimal allocation and utilization to enable full implementation of planned programmers and activities.
- To enhance synergies through information and resource sharing with stakeholders and partners.
- To enhance the visibility and corporate image of KEPHIS